Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: European technology (WAS: It's official, the last 999 LEICA M6 TTL)
From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:07:14 -0800 (PST)

Jerry,
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there.  There
IS one European manufacturer whose product is an order
of magnitude worse than everyone else's (according to
the Automobile Association, the biggest operators ot
tow trucks in the UK), but it's not French (look
further south-east). All the other manufacturer's
products on sale in the UK are pretty close, even the
Japs (although of course Nissan are now run by
Renault, and Toyota and the PSA group are just about
to build a car together in eastern Europe).
Sadly, us Brits have a far worse record, and precious
little British-owned motor industry remains.
I'll not comment on the US auto industry or their
products for fear of clogging too much bandwidth.....

;)

Anyway, linking this topic back to phoography, Rolls
Royce always said when asked that their cars had
"sufficient" power. I would say that Leicas likewise
have sufficient technology. Who really needs more?

Nick