Subject: Re: [Leica] Apple for a died in the wool Windows guy
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:26:56 -0800 (PST)

Mark, depending on your line of work with Cisco. For
regular stuff "plug & play" is feasible, but if you
are into software engineering, I very much doubt
lugging the iBook will get you very far
trouble-shooting for your global customers. Even at
Apple where I once worked, you need a PC trying to
integrate with OEM suppliers outside of the Apple
domain. Another example is the incorporation of SAP
into Apple's business systems and it took over 5 years
because of the Apple culture that demanded the GUI
front end running strictly on the Mac. Instead of just
using the SAP software, Apple had to spend millions
rewriting a lot of the SAP GUI modules, and then it
became obsolete when the modifications were done
because the rest of the SAP world moves forward
continuously, to a point SAP now says they cannot
support Apple's customized modules.