Subject: Re: [Leica] the older M crowd
From: "Paul Winkfield" <pwink@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:07:30 -0500

Hi All

My M3 was modified by its previous owner from double to single stroke, no
rapid rewind. I use it with all my lenses but it mostly have the dual range
on it. I purchased it because it has a self timer! I have a MR-4 meter but
it needs repair, and I really prefer using my Calcu-lite meters anyway. I
hate the way the MR-4 can scratch the speed dial.  I also have a Leica flash
to PC adapter on it, but rarely use a flash.

My 3F  is box stock, no mods and I have a 50 Summitar on it. I like the
softness of that lens, great for nudes and portraits. I only use T-Max or
XP2 in it.

Is the M4-2 considered 'Older' now?? it has winder and still my work horse;
I had the M4-P frames installed, thought I'd get a 28 for it...not!
<paul>

At 08:41 AM 1/16/03 -0500, Rei Shinozuka wrote:
>by "older M crowd" i mean the crowd who uses older M cameras, not the
>members over 40 who use M's.
>
>i am curious: do people who USE their M3s and M2s tend to use them in
>their original state, or do you convert them to state-of-the-art
>quick-loading, single-stroke, rapid-rewind cameras?

Rei

- ---