Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: New/Old Tri-X?
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:59:58 -0700

Some people say that there been only minor changes to the emulsion,
requiring modified processing times. The new formulation is supposed to
be more scanner friendly. I suspect that Kodak has also reduced the
amount of silver in the film and I prefer to only print B&W in a wet
darkroom. Colour film I do scan.

I've found some of the older stocks of Tri-X still available, but not at
Camera Stores. I've been buying the old Tri-X because the pull dates are
only one month sooner than the new Tri-X pull dates which are in 2005.

Regards,

Greg