Subject: Re: [Leica] imac and on to Epson P2200
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:51:02 -0800

On 1/19/03 rclompus@cox.net  wrote:

>I got my imac with 17" screen, additional 512MB RAM should be in
>next week along with a new Epson P2200.  Sorry to hear the latest
>drivers aren't quite available from Epson for OS x10.2.  Sometimes
>you can't win.

Well actually the latest drivers are there but the new-improved ones will be a
bit longer. GRIN

>Has anyone used the P2200 for printing B&W images on non-
>glossy paper?  I have held off purchasing an Epson 1280 with
>piezography ink and drivers.  I am currently plannig to donate my
>rather extensive darkroom equipment ot a local school:  Beseler
>45MXT with Zone 6 cool head, Thomas asfe light, full supply of
>trays and Patterson developing equipment.  The school will do
>well with this gear.  I've just not had the time to get into the
>darkroom.  The digital route fits better with my limited time to print
>and publish my work.  Sometimes I shoot great images but they
>never leave the slide box due to lack of time.  Maybe I'm the only
>one having this problem.  Great gear, sometimes fabulous photos,
>too little time to print and display.  My loss.

I will have both later this week and I'll let you know. I have a 1280 set up
with piezography continuous inking system and the 2200 will be here probably
Tuesday since MLK's BDay is Monday.

I'm glad you are donating your equipment to a school. A great gift and much
better than some ancient computer with a mammoth 100 MB hard drive. :)

I really like the 1280 with Piezography.

Adam