Subject: RE: [Leica] Traveling by air with RabidWinder?
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:55:36 -0500

The only problem with alerting the authorities to this issue is that
before you know it, there will be photos of the Rapidwinder posted at
every Xray screening machine in the US, with alerts to shoot on sight
anyone possessing this deadly weapon.

In reality, there are two possible approaches - ignore the issue and
take your chances, perhaps carrying mailing envelopes, and bringing
baseplates as someone suggested. OR, as Nick suggests here, carry the
cameras with the base plates and pack the Rapidwinders in checked
luggage.

We also might ask Tom A. if he could modify the triggers to further dull
their edges and square them off...but I doubt doing that would really
change anything - because that would simply mean that someone wielding
one of these things would have a dull ice pick as a hidden weapon,
rather than a sharp ice pick. Would Trotskyhave cared? :-)