Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri Elmar Repair
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:03:11 -0500

Kit,

> The warranty registrations department enforces the terms of the
> warranty.

Hum.   The warranty registration department merely interprets the warranty,
and of course, as they see fit.  That doesn't make what they (the warranty
registration department) decide legal, or the same as some court might
decide, if it came to that.

> They can clear up any
> misunderstanding that has ensued due to our conversations here.

Hum, again.  They can state THEIR policy, but I'm not sure that "clears up"
any "misunderstanding", as the warranty makes specific (and not so specific)
claims, and as such, people have rights based on those claims.  I'm not a
lawyer, but I do know what I expected from the written warranty I have in
front of me, and it is certainly what a lot of other people apparently
expected as well.

More importantly, at least to me, is that if Leica continues with this
customer hostile interpretation of their warranty, they are only going to
lose friends, not make them.

I take it you did not search the archives and see what was previously said
on this subject, that contradicts what you now claim?  You might want to do
so.  Also, please, what was the name of the person you conversed with, and
what was/were your exact questions?  Was the reply you posted directly from
something they sent you, or your interpretation of your conversation?

Austin