Subject: Re: [Leica] Real War
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:14:21 -0500

a) it's not about 'taking it' which would be politically disastrous,
but about placing it in friendly hands.

b) about 1/5 of US fossil fuels are sourced from the ME, but the effect
of recent Venezuelan instability on oil prices only highlights how
vulnerable the US is to supply side fluctuation. In fact, as far as I
can tell, the single largest external supplier of crude to the US is
Canada. Let's  not go into the implications of that...