Subject: [Leica] My camillias
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:24:36 -0600

I've had  a number of inquiries about equipment for this image:

http://www.sonc.com/salon/cor_ad_cor.htm

Individually, I confessed, and now it is time to tell all.

No actual camera was used in the making of the shot.  It was not Leica,
though my M6 was sitting nearby.

I looked out my window that dreary morning, and saw my camellias popping.  I
thought to rush out and shoot them, but then I had another idea.  My dear
Kathy was working, and  if I made the shot, it would take a few days to show
her the result.

I went out and clipped two of them and laid them on my flatbed scanner. I
scanned them, did a little spotting and burning in Photoshop, and was
delighted with the result. (I also left them floating in water in the living
room for Kathy to see.)

So I shared the lovely harbingers of Spring with you. Here in the South, we
think of the Camellia like those in the North think of the Robin, a sign
that Spring is on the way.

Sorry if you feel I betrayed you, but I never said they were anything but
pretty!

Regards,

SonC  (Sonny Carter)
http://www.sonc.com