Subject: RE: [Leica] Loose Top Plate on M7
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:21:23 -0600

Bill,

It was loose just taking it out of the box. I had not even put in a roll of
film.

It was only loose on the right side where the advance lever is. I don't know
why just this one side, maybe the way it attaches to the top.

I was able to move it up and down on this side about 3mm and also front to
back about 2mm.

These are estimates since I had no way to measure exactly, but that much of
a gap in the fit surely would have resulted in dust and moisture getting
into the rangefinder mechanism. Not good.

I sent it back to B&H and just sent Henry a message to follow up on it. I
hope to hear back from him.

I did not fill out the warranty card (thank goodness) and expect that B&H
should simply send me another new M7 as a replacement.

Hope this information helps.

Tom Henson