Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Battery
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:51:22 -0800

A few days ago I stopped on my way to work to sneak a snap of a
mountain reflected in a pond that was as still as I have ever seen it.
To my horror, the batteries in my M7 were dead. I left the camera
unlocked and cocked in my bag and, well, I guess the shutter was
pressed just far enough to activate the meter - but not to waste a
frame! And with a softie on it, no less. I had a couple of manual
speeds to shoot with, and I guessed at the aperture, so we'll see what
comes of the shot. Anyway, when I approached the shore of the pond I
scared a duck into the water and there went my glassy reflection :-)

What was my point? Oh yes, the M7 is easy to lock, but I always forget.
And those batteries are expensive! I had to disk out 20 USD for four
batteries (2 for the camera, 2 for the bag).  I had an M6 for 3 years
and never replaced the batteries in it, now after less than a month
with the M7 I have gone through two sets - now that is progress!

- - marc