Subject: Re: [Leica] Got my SF-20 flash...
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <jgp@gilplant.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:06:23 -0500

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 10:48  AM, Don Lawrence wrote:

> I just got a SF-20 too. The screw down feature is not much different
> than
> other flashes.
> If you look at the Contax TLA360 it has a similar mechanism.

So do all the Metz units (32, 40, or the 54MZ-3 which is the only one
that supports HSS and second curtain features on the M7)

> When I mounted the SF-20 on the M7 the connection was very tight,
> enough
> that
> tightening the screw down would only be necessary to keep the thing
> from
> being
> inadvertently knocked off. And even then you should never need to
> tighten it
> so much as
> to effect the finish on the camera.

You could NOT mar the camera sufrace with the SF-20 - the little
PLASTIC thumb wheel only comes in contact with the bright metal rails
of the hot shoe, not the top plate itself.

> I have a question about using the flash off the camera. If you use the
> Contax TLA100 extension cord does it provide the TTL function or do
> you have
> switch to Auto?

TTL of course. If you only need auto you can use the standard PC socket
on the back of the camera.

Gilbert