Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:58:12 -0700

I have had winder/motors on three different Ms and they all were
slightly different. My 0.72 TTL has no bounce whatsoever and you cannot
"stop" the winder/motor by holding the release down. Another M gave
symptoms similar to shutter bounce if you used speeds slower than 1/50
and continuous firing. Another one would occasionally lock up and you
would have to remove the winder/motor to get everything working again.
I have said many times before and I will say it again: there needs to
be an electronic switch in the camera that lets the winder/motor start
its cycle after the shutter has finished its cycle. Until that time, I
will only use my wider/motors with speeds above 1/50.

RapidWinders, on the other hand, work perfectly with no problems. So
that is what is mounted on my cameras 99.99% of the time.

John Collier