Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica @ next PMA
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:23:47 -0800

Logan Reinwood wrote:

> On a different list I heard that leica might come with a new Leica M6
> at the next PMA show with the shutter of the M7 but without the Auto
> position.

Seems pointless and unlikely, given what they've spent close to a
century building their reputation on, althought, I suppose, it's
possible given the manufacturing cost savings that dropping the fully
mechanical M might result in.  However, unlikely.

> And also some Leica R lenses in Nikon mount...

Oh sure.  That'll happen.  There's such a history of fruitful
collaboration between these two companies... not least in the field of
mix-and-match interchangeable components.

M.