Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the issue of camera noise over-rated? - What are your quietest cameras?
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:36:50 +1100

>The Rollei 35S has a harsh metallic click that could almost be
>described as a clank. It is much louder than any of my Ms. Heck the
>few SLRs I have left are quieter too.
>
>John Collier

Not all, mine is very quiet. I find the Rollei GX's shutter a high
pitch twing, which I don't like, and one of my IIIf's had an M
shutter put in it and it was really noisy compared to the M and my
IIIG: I think sometimes the noises vary between batches etc.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com