Subject: [Leica] Quick question re. Exposure locking on R8/R9
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:25:11 +0000

How does exposure locking work on the R8/R9?  I know that if you meter and
depress the shutter release to the first detent then the metered values are
stored for that frame.  Is there a way to store them (such as an auto
exposure lock) via a switch or some means so that they are stored for all
frames until the lock is removed and a new metering is done?

I know you could use manual mode and set the shutter speed and aperture that
way, but I was thinking more along the lines of how the Contax cameras work,
when in any mode by setting a switch to AEL, the exposure is locked, albeit
it can be compensated + or - as desired.

This may be a simple question to R owners but, not being one, I don't know
the answer.

Thanks.

Simon

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Quick question re. Exposure locking on R8/R9)