Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast lens.
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@icommag.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:06:21 -0400

B.D. writes:

> 35 Summilux ASPH. Probably the best fast 35 made - for any camera. And
> MUCH better, although much bigger and heavier by comparison - than the
> pre-ASPH 35 Summilux; vastly better flare suppression, virtually no
> distortion. Amazing lens - you will never regret buying one.

I have to agree about the 35/1.4ASPH, I do not have one, but do have the
35/1.4 pre-ASPH and am one of the few people in the world that likes this
lens. Another lens with a very high ranking is the 28/2.0ASPH which might
make a bit more sense than the 35/1.4 because it costs less, is just as fast
because you can easily shoot at a slower shutter speed and weighs less, more
compact.

sl

Replies: Reply from Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> (Re: [Leica] Fast lens.)