Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [private] <-----
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 07:38:00 +0100

I post my PAW announcements and my Friday FS message to both the LUG and
the LEG. I used to do that by simply including each list in the TO field
of the message. But then some LEG subscribers got upset because they do
not like receiving messages with the [Leica] tag in the header (I have
never understood why, but the don't). So to accomodate them, I now
usually post by having the LEG as a TO recipient and the LUG as a BCC
recipient. That way the tag-averse LEGgers are happy and so am I because
the message hits both lists without me having to post two separate
messages. However, as we see from this episode, it can lead to LUGgers
replying to what they think is a private message because of the absence
of the tag in the header of my posting. I guess every solution to a
problem has unintended consequences...

Nathan