Subject: [Leica] OT i guess: in memory of COLUMBIA
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 10:38:44 -0800

William Safire wrote these words for President Nixon in the event of a disaster
in the Apollo moon mission.

They seem equally applicable today. I grew up with the space program. In my own
deeply emotional reaction to the loss of the shuttle it's clear that those early
heroes of my life still play a part in my psyche.

"In ancient days, men looked at stars and saw their heroes in the
constellations. In modern times, we do much the same, but our heroes are epic
men of flesh and blood."

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] OT i guess: in memory of COLUMBIA)
Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] COLUMBIA)