Subject: [Leica] cloth shutter
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:34:34 -0500

Frank,
    Many years ago, I burned a hole into the shutter of my Leica MP by
leaving in sitting with the lens up on the seat of my car.
    It takes several minutes to burn through the shutter let alone get it
hot.
    Taking scenics, I wouldn't worry to much, just don't leave the camera
point into the sun for any length of time or set yourt focus to the minimum
distance.
Happy Snaps,
Sal

Sal DiMarco, Jr.