Subject: [Leica] HCB to open foundation
From: nhcharch@netscape.net (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:33:26 -0500

Foundation marks another decisive moment for HCB

Henri Cartier-Bresson probably the world's most celebrated living
photographer, is to open a foundation dedicated to his life's work.

Located in a five-storey building in the Montparnasse district of Paris,
the Henri Cartier-Bresson Foundation will house and make accessible an
archive of the 94-year-old's artwork, and will stage exhibitions,
together with a programme of events. "We have wanted to do this for
quite some time," says his wife, the photographer Martine Franck. "We
set up this institution to prevent the dispersal of Cartier-Bresson's
work. However, it is not a museum or a mausoleum, we want it to be open
to everybody; photographers, artists, architects and film makers.'

From the British Journal of Photography online, thought the group may be interested.

Noel