Subject: Re: [Leica] which is better for noctilux focus? degibberized
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:32:53 -0700

Remember that up until the late 1990s, the only new camera you could
get to use with a Noctilux had a 0.72x finder. How about sending your
camera in for a very careful viewfinder adjustment. Send the lens too
as it might need a tweak as well. I use an 0.72x TTL with my Noctilux
and have no problems focusing close with the lens wide open. My 0.58x
camera is another matter, the focus patch is just ever so slightly
fuzzy than the 0.72x's. Also the 0.58x's focus patch wanders more as
your eye moves around the finder.

Whew!