Subject: Re: [Leica] Correct hood for 35mm 'cron, first version?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:08:25 -0500

John Collier wrote:
> Cool ! I just checked my catalogs and you are right. The 59 catalog
> lists the ITDOO and the 61 lists the IROOA. Darn that is the last time I
> trust Lager on anything :-). I should have mentioned in my previous post
> that the best hood to use if you using the lens is the 12585. The vented
> reverse brake design gives the clearest view through the finder.
>
> John Collier
>
> Darn, now I have to rewrite my opus on lens hoods. Sigh, work, work...

Johm,

I have both an IROOA, which lives on my 50mm DR and a 12504, which lives
on my 35 'cron second version. I bought that lens new in about 1972 and
the 12504 came with it. Neither fits well on the 35mm 'cron first
version with eyes that I recently got. That is, they fit, but they
rotate much too freely as though the hood isn't locking into quite the
right spot. (This seems to be true both with and without a filter attached.)

I'll look for an ITDOO or, failing that, a 12585. I think it was on
Erwin's site that I saw the reference to the 12538.

Thanks,

Rolfe