Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M 50mm f/2.0 50 Year Summicron
From: Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:08:27 +0100 (MET)

Mark,
Chatterton is partly wrong. All chrome M-lenses are still made entirely of
brass (and glass ;-)).
And even the black anodized lenses have the internal parts of the focussing
mount made of brass. Only the visible parts are made of black anodized
aluminum. On the other hand, anodized aluminum is MUCH harder than a chrome layer
on brass and it is much lighter. Besides, the fact the black lenses are
reduced in weight, how could one possibly state "the quality went down on the
mechanics"??
I don't understand it...
Regards,
Alex