Subject: RE: [Leica] High speed color films...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:39:44 -0500

Sonny,

> From what I can tell the consesus is Fuji, probably Press 800.  From
> what I've read this morning, no one is supporting the Porta.

Right.  I read the responses as well, and from the responses that contained
actual film specific information, I drew the same conclusion, but that
wasn't what I was asking in the above question you quoted.

I was asking a specific person, who simply said "the film..." in response to
a post that contained no specific film type.  So, "buy a roll or two" of
what specific film was the question.

> ...you come across with much ingratitude to the several people who
> tried to answer your question.

I have much gratitude for the people who responded with actual film and
experience information, which is what I was after, and I did respond stating
so.

ONLY TWO posts got snide replies from me.  If you asked what people's
experience with 24 Elmarit is, and you got a response "it's wider than the
50", would that be a particularly useful response?

Austin