Subject: RE: [Leica] High speed color films...
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 23:29:07 +0100

>Does anyone actually use high speed color film for low light indoor
use? If >so, what have you noticed WRT color balance?  What do you use
800 speed >film for?

Austin

I've used Fuji 800 ASA negative from its launching as a general purpose
film when travelling, for trip pictures, as it allow me shooting
outdoors, with a Canon EOS 1 (14mm, 20-35mm and 35-350mm lenses) and
besides allow me shooting interiors. I could shoot inside cathedrals,
museums everywhere in a time when shooting interiors were not so
strongly forbbiden. In the sun the camera could shoot at speed 1/8000
and the big amount of film I gave back to my photofinishers were
printed, carefully, 15x20cm pics Kodak pro paper with no problem neither
colour rendition nor colour balance.

I think then I've got some thousands shoots experience and if now my
spouse health does not allow me anymore travelling around the world the
few times I come out with negative I still use Fuji 800 ASA. Not with
Leica M where 1/1000 is too slow if I get sunny time.

Not very often right now as I've got a request from the Major of my
town, Bilbao, for documenting the main buildings of Bilbao (Spain)
through 150 pictures 4x5" (Camera Linhof SuperTechnika). I have made the
mistake of give him a big picture of the Town Hall and asked me to
prepare a book... so next year nothing but large format.

I still follow considering then Fuji 800 ASA as a all purpose excellent
negative film. But this is only my own experience, other may think
differently.

Kind regards

Felix