Subject: RE: [Leica] ACLU and Your Right To "Keep Pushing That Shutter"
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:49:31 -0500

I would not be posting this were it not for this on-going "horrors of
keeping us snapping" thread.....

But if you folks think THIS is bad - you obviously didn't watch Bill
Moyer's NOW last night, nor did you see the little AP story about the
same subject in some of today's papers:

Your "Justice" Department is working on a second go-round of "Der
Homelander Sekurity Act" which would, among other things, allow for -
* Secret arrests;
* Stripping of citizenship;
* Warrentless wiretaps
And the list goes on and on. This proposed law has apparently been sent
to ONE member of Congress - Speaker "Denny" Haster, and VP Channey for
comment, but has not been sent to any members of the Judiciary
Committees in either House or Senate.

If you don't like the fact that there are some places they are stopping
us from taking photos, just wait - another year or so and you won't be
allowed to own a camera. ;-)

Here's where to find the draft "Justice" Department act -
http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/patriot2-hi.pdf

B. D.