Subject: Re: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 14:44:03 -0700

Any insurance company can provide a rider to your household policy that
has more extensive coverage than the passport plan and lasts as long as
you want, not just three years; and, more importantly, is cheaper than
paying a 30% premium over grey. As the two most common losses are not
covered under the passport plan, you need to have insurance anyway. So
passport does not even save you money during its three years.

John Collier