Subject: Re: [Leica] 280 APO questions...
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:43:45 -0700

Marc Attinasi wrote in part:

>  I'd like to invest in some long glass that I have always wanted.
>
> Does anyone know about the performance of the 280 APO 2.8, with and
> without the APO 1.4x converter?

Hi Marc,

I have this lens and the performance is absolutely on par with the best
of Leica's current glass (R or M). Ted Grant apparently uses this lens
hand-held but I find it just too heavy and only use it with support.
Coincidentally I just received a 1.4 APO Extender less than 48 hours ago
and so have only mounted it on the lens.

If you do purchase this lens be very careful to support the camera and
lens when mounted primarily with the lens.

Regards,

Greg