Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:36:14 -0500

Hi John,

> If you are in another country with your Leica USA gear, they will
> perform warrantee repairs under the terms of the international
> warrantee.

OK...

> You do not even need your passport card as they will check
> by email with the Leica USA as to the status of the gear (date and
> place of sale). Please refer to my earlier email I posted from Roger
> Horn.

But that all has not a thing to do with what I was talking about.  It
appears, that in SIX examples I have of Leica USA bodies, all with Passport
"plan", all M6/M6TTL, that there is NO International Warranty card, and
therefore, there is no legally transferable warranty, and the ONLY "thing"
in force is the Passport "plan", which is not transferable.

My point is, and I believe still stands, that a camera that comes with the
Passport "plan", because the "plan" is not transferable (at least according
to Leica's stated terms), MAY be less valuable than a camera that comes with
the International Warranty, because it IS transferable.

Regards,

Austin