Subject: [Leica] Getting burned (was scanner or digicam)
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:12:27 -0500

So about two months ago this band calls me up and says "we want pix" and I
said "fine" and quoted a price for 300 or so digiphotos on CD's that they
could take with them when they left. Then they said "no no, digital sucks,
we want medium format shots on tranny" and I said "okay" and quadrupled the
price and said I wanted half upfront. So they came over, I shot a bunch of
rolls of MF, took it to the processor, had contacts made, sent the contacts
out with a bill. Sent another bill. Sent another bill, sent another bill.
And now I have several hundred dollars worth of film processing sitting on
my credit card waiting for a bunch of guys who ain't gonna pay me. My profit
would have been the same either way, but there's several hundred dollars
extra in overhead I get to eat this time.

kc

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Getting burned (was scanner or digicam))
Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] Getting burned (was scanner or digicam))