Subject: Re: [Leica] square format Leica?
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:18:55 -0600

>Is there a repair person who would undertake to modify an M6 so that
>it takes square pictures? This would involve modifying the film
>advance system and then making a smaller image mask.

Would it be possible to cut the 'V' notches in the side to make it
look even more like a Hasselblad?

Karen
http://wwphotoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/

p.s. I have an  Olympus Quickmatic EEM. It uses Kodak Instamatic film
that *is* square format 28.2 x 28.2mm. If you want, I'll swap your M6
for my EEM if you want.