Subject: RE: [Leica] Film Scanners
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:20:49 -0000

Tom

I regularly (like almost daily) scan slide and print with no problem what so
ever. I regularly print 16" x 10" or 18" x 12" prints and exhibit and sell
them. If I am doing Kodachrome then I turn off the ICE software or use
Vuescan. Vuescan is pretty good but a little unfriendly to use although some
scans of both negative and slide come out better, particularly if there is a
higher level of contrast than normal, but it is not TWAIN compatible so will
not scan straight into Photoshop easily whereas (of course) the Canon
software does. One of the things I like about the Canon is that I can scan 6
slides at a time, and it will also accept double length neg frames (as, I
think, in Xpan) although I have never had cause to use this feature.

It is difficult to demonstrate to you but I know I get very good scans with
no hassle, and I feel the price is very competitive for a genuine 4000dpi
scanner.

Hope this helps!

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS