Subject: Re: [Leica] Cap for the 21 Super Angulon M
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:35:08 -0500

Austin,
I think that John C. answered your question, but I will expand.  The Super
Angulon is a non retrofocus wide angle in the spirit of the Zeiss Biogons.
The rear element extends far enough back from the lens flange that it
interferes with the meter cell in an M6.  Therefore the cap is recessed
quite a bit.  Here is an image of the repro caps
http://www.cameraquest.com/inventor.htm  The image is about half way down
the page.

Reasons why I keep this old lens is that it has almost zero distortion, it
focuses down to 16", and it is extremely sharp in the fashion of the DR
Summicron.

Regards,
Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com