Subject: Re: [Leica] Valentine Heart
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:04:27 -0800

At 07:19 AM 2/14/2003 +0000, GeeBee wrote:
>This is an Olympus OM1 shot, background PhotoShopped to clean it up. I
>like it and it is Valentines Day after all :-) My photography may not be
>getting better but my nerve is.
>
>http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/tpalt02.html

I love this list. No Leica yet - I am still waiting for the opportunity to
get an M7. I did rent an M6 over a weekend. I also rented a Mamiya 7II over
a weekend so I have a very little experience with RF. Not a whole lot
really but enough experience to tell me that they have their advantages. A
few weeks ago, I was practically chased off the CV list, (warning - whining
rant to follow, delete now if not interested) with this sequence of events:
- - I was interested in the performance of the CV SLR lens for my OM4T, so I
joined the CV list to see if anyone knows
- - no one seems to know, so I ordered one anyway from Camera Quest, but I
figure I would stay around since I was / am interested in getting a RF
- - a few posters said they are either former and current OM users, which was
a surprise to me then. In fact, that was one of my wavering point on
getting a RF - since my OM is already small and mechanical, I thought that
might make owning a RF not as inviting, but I was pleasantly surprised to
hear that they are rather complementary. There were a few "OT" posts from
the OM users, but I did not participate
- - I posted a followup just to get a better sense of the strength of RF. May
be (I don't really know) because it is clear to me that a Bessa would not
do, due to its relatively loud (compared to an M) shutter, and my
preference showed. I got one or two nasty replies on list, and a private
mail to tell me to stop wasting bandwidth!!!

That was just too much so I unsubscribed. I could have ignored the bullies
but it just doesn't seem worth it. Generally, I personally don't
participate in OT posts, but it is so refreshing to see people on a Leica
list posting that they take their (wonderful) pictures, taken with another
camera, without list bullies jumping to...

Sorry for the ranting.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>