Subject: RE: [Leica] Covering Anti-War protest in Philly
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:55:31 -0500

Well, first, Mark, there are people whose interest in photography
centers on photographing what goes on in the streets of our country.
Second, as today's NYT-CBS poll demonstrates some 59 percent of
Americans believe that the proper course of action at this time is
continue with the inspection process - the goal of which has always been
to prevent Sadam from waging war and which, quite obviously is working,
with a big boost from the current U.S. military buildup.

And as to staying home and watching old movies being more productive -
it all depends on what one wants to produce. If one wants to produce
photographs of a protest movement, then staying home strikes me as a
pretty silly thing to do. If one wants to change U.S. policy, then
protesting is the only thing one CAN do.