Subject: [Leica] Calibrating iMac monitor for Photoshop Elements
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:46:22 -0500

I got my new Epson 2200 printer goinhg today.  Amazing how
much better both color and B&W prints look on matt paper rather
than glossy.  No metamerism at all.

My prints are coming out consistently too dark.  Any suggestions
how to calibrate the iMac LCD monitor so the prints look more like
the monitor?  The help menus on Photoshop Elements spend
more time discussing Microsoft than Apple.  I'm at a loss of how to
adjust the image on the monitor so the prints aren't so dark.

Thank you in advance for sharing with another Leica photographer
who is "dazed and confused".  I've got great darkwoom skills but
am trying to transfer to digital printing.   When the prints come out
good, they come out very good with the 2200.  I don't think I'll be
needing a separate printer for piezography.

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Calibrating iMac monitor for Photoshop Elements)