Subject: [Leica] LUG manners
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 13:09:09 -0800

I would really appreciate everyone's cooperation in keeping political arguments and posturing to a minimum on the LUG. Anybody who has been here for more than a few months knows the political position of the people who post a lot, and anybody who has been here for the whole 12 years knows that nobody has ever changed their political opinions as a result of arguments made on the LUG.

Even if you're upset and think that many other LUGgers are idiots, this is not the right place to assert that belief. The LUGforum exists for this kind of argument, though it hasn't been used much since the 9/11 arguments died down.

Also, I noticed a racial slur on the LUG last week. Someone used a derogatory term for Japanese. Don't do this. Be respectful of people.