Subject: [Leica] There Are Many Women in Medicine
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:29:40 -0500

In fact, my wife is scheduled to be one of the women in medicine whose
work Ted will document when he's in Boston.

My wife is a surgeon and works with many other women doctors.  She also
works with many women who are not physicians, as well as with numerous
men who are nurses, surgical technicians (do you still have that
photograph, B.D.?), lab techs, nurse practitioners, physicians
assistants, EMTs, or who fill other duties throughout the world of
medical care but aren't physicians.  The CEO of a major teaching
hospital where my wife has admitting privileges is a woman.

Slightly more than 50% of medical students in the U.S. are women and I
am certain that with time a number of them will become grumpy old docs
who blame their patients for their own illnesses.  Probably in the same
proportion as men who became grumpy old docs.

Almost...but not quite Leica relevant, anyone out there know who was the
first woman admitted to Johns Hopkins medical school?

	Buzz Hausner