Subject: Re: [Leica] Don't put a filter on your lens you said. I ignoredyou and gues s what...
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:19:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi
The problem with the dremel is it's next to impossible
to get the ring off without grinding off some of the
threads on the lens. The epoxy method works incredibly
well. I've removed -  downtight for 50 years -
retainer rings that way. It's really incredible how
much torque it will take before snapping. If the lens
thread is deformed you can even straigten it aou a bit
as you unscrew as long as it's 2 anodized threaded
surfaces.
Javier