Subject: Re: [Leica] Was anti-war stuff, is now, gasp, "Some of my friends are Republicans"
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:27:19 +0100 (MET)

> The WSJ for example, is enough to make me vomit... so I imagine Austin
> might feel the same about something like the Boston Globe/NY Times. :)

On the contrary ... You KNOW where the WSJ is coming from. You just learn
to read between the line. I've been doing this with media for 30 years
now.

It was really educational to follow the american media's coverage of the
global demonstrations ... largest in history.

They started talking about a "few thousand" here and there. Finally, after
a couple of days, they realized they better get out with the facts. This
was just too big to ignore. But the media did try and play it down. And
now, a few days later, it is difficult to find articles, whereas you can
find old dusty archives on Iraq all over the place. Strange.

Daniel