Subject: Re: [Leica] Lets try again My Photography Website
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:04:39 -0600

> Question
> What's about the standard size in pixels
> and kbs and colour depth for a full size jpeg?
> I know it's been going up. It used to be around 10
> -20k and then went up.
> Javier

I try to keep things at a max of 600 pixels on the long side and under
100kb.  I cheat sometimes on the size if the picture supports higher
compression.   Web pix are always a compromise though.  You want them
big enough to look at, and small to load fast. I use the image ready
function of PS to trim some of the stuff out of mine.  I usually post
at about 66% quality.

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com