Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS Week 6
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:09:58 -0500

Mike:

Thanks.

It's a Durst AC 800, which is like an M805, but with
computer-controlled color-correction and density control.

It was a huge switch from using a Durst M605 dichro enlarger - the AC
800 uses density instead of exposure time as its primary factor (and it
autocompensates for enlarging head hight).  You can see exposure time
in seconds, but it is better to think in filter units (30 units = one
stop).

It's a lot like Mr. Spock's console, but once you figure out how to set
it up the exposure compensation for B/W multicontrast filters (not
really what it is designed to do - which is high-volume automatic color
printing), it becomes a veritable machine with RC paper.  This shot was
on TMY.

Dante