Subject: Re: [Leica] All the problems with My Site
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:24:45 -0800

At 6:51 PM -0700 2/18/03, John Nebel wrote:
>Marko,
>
>DS3 is 45mb/sec.  This particular DS3 was uncluttered with traffic
>when I looked at your site.  The reason I brought this up was that
>several people had mentioned that the download time appeared
>excessive and others had said those folks must have circuits that
>were not operating properly.  It was slow when I looked, but the
>file size didn't appear to account for it.  I looked at the PC's
>processor utilization to see if there was something going on while
>the page was being rendered but that looked normal. It makes one
>suspicious that something might be malfunctioning on the server side.
>
>John

I concur. I have a fast connection, but the download times are
extremely slow for the file sizes. Marko's files are quite small, but
the page and image loads are extremely sluggish.

As an additional point, I would like to add my voice to those who
find the pictures too small and too dark. The histograms are way off
to the left, and don't make good use of the usual monitor's
capabilities. It is discouraging, and made me give up quickly. Too
slow, too small, too dark and Flash. Not something I go back to.

My main browser is Chimera on Mac OS X 10.2.4. I also tried it on
Safari, and on IE 5.2 for OSX. On IE it is excruciatingly slow; on
Chimera it is a lot faster and on Safari slightly faster still, but
still too slow. The 30Kb images load slower than 1Mb images from
other sites.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design