Subject: RE: [Leica] Alfie/LUG
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:21:27 -0500

Fair Enough - I think your last sentence does sum it up - would they pay
$600 for a book of his photos.  This of course leads to a long debate about
what something, anything is worth.  Is it simply what people are willing to
pay for it or are there other criteria.  If Alfie offered to exchange
postcards for free ( ala David Rosen
http://home.mindspring.com/~davidsrosen/dsr3postcard.htm) then that's one
thing - it is quite different to charge $600 - Close to the price I paid
for a Carl Mydans 16 x 20.

ernie