Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital - Rumor Mongering apologies to Mark R.
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:39:01 -0500

B.D.,
The lenses are a rebranding, a cost saving, a consolidation, and a little
bit of planned obsolescence.
Most, I can't say all are new lens designs.  Some, like the 70-300 are a
cheap lens to compete with third party manufacturers.  You save money if you
don't have to mill an aperture ring with the parts to set aperture.
Consolidation in that the old lenses will go away as they sell through.

And last, they won't work on the older bodies so if I wanted the 24-120 to
use on my F,  I will have to track down the old lens as the new lens can not
be used on the older bodies.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com