Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital - Rumor Mongering apologies to Mark R.
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:55:38 -0800

At 02:15 PM 2/20/2003 -0800, Mark wrote:

>Calumet just sends me this brochure comparing all the digital cameras in
>a concise visual manner and the DIGILUX compares will to the rest of the
>"consumer" digital cameras. Slightly smaller fileside. The window in the
>back twice as large.

And the need for large file sizes is greatly exaggerated.  One of best
selling news photographers said that he always shoots at the highest
possible compression because the time between photos is so much shorter and
so many more photos fit on a card.  He says that the smallest size files
have been used as magazine covers with no problems.  I sold a Digilux file
to Newsweek!!  ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com