Subject: [Leica] Guy who printed for HCB
From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:14:46 -0800

Hello All,

This isn't really a for sale notice but more of a commercial for a good
friend. His name is Gerard, and he is a printer who owns Focus Foto in
Los Angeles. Gerard is a Frenchman who apprenticed at the Paris lab
Picto in the fifties back when it was still called "Pictorial Service."
While there he printed extensively for HCB and the Magnum photographers
of that time. He then went to New York and worked at Raffi Labs in the
60's and 70's where he did all the Magnum guys prints of that time. He
finally made his way out here to LA where he has printed for Helmut
Newton, Doug Kirkland and David Kennerly. What I'm saying is the guy
knows what he's doing. His work is beautiful. There aren't many of his
kind around anymore. He is a great resource that I thought you all
might want to know about.

His info is:

Gerard
Focus Foto Finishers
138 S. La Brea
Los Angeles, CA 90036

323-934-0013 Phone
323-934-9658 Fax

I was very happy the day I found out about him, believe you me.

Cheers,

Craig