Subject: Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:47:42 -0800

>Henning Wulff wrote:
>
>>  New M6 (essentially an M7 with its shutter but without AE)
>
>Henning,
>
>It's not the M7 shutter, it has no DX coding, no lock on the shutter
>release,
>
>It has a mechanical shutter, like in the M3 to M6.
>
>And it's not flash TTL, and it has the old speed dial, and the old top
>cover height.
>
>There are four pages with lot of pictures of it in March 2003 Nippon Camera
>magazine.
>
>It's a special edition of 400 ex. made for the Japanese market.
>
>But on may think it's based on a new camera...
>
>;-)
>
>Lucien

In that case this may be something different again. What I have
described is what supposedly will show up at PMA.

One thing that going to CNC production of the top plate has done is
allow Leica to make many variations relatively easily, so we may see
an even greater variety of regular, and special edition Leicas.
Collectors will be in heaven!

Maybe we'll be able to go down to our local dealer, and order _just_
the Leica we want: Make mine a black paint 0.58 M7 without TTL and
lower top plate height and old style shutter dial and an M3 style
wind lever but new rewind, and make that low-fat with two shots!

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com