Subject: RE: [Leica] Protest pics
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:17:45 -0500

I feel a bit odd jumping to Jerry's defense :-), but - giving him the
benefit of the doubt - I believe that he was a bit awkwardly and more
than a bit politically incorrectly perhaps expressing a thought that I
had, and that was:

Wouldn't one expect to see those whose kith and kin would be most
personally effected by a U.S. war against Iraq demonstrating against it?
And that being the case, isn't the real story the other folk
demonstrating, those whose interest is not simply personal, or related
to supporting co-religionists, but whose opposition to the war has roots
in their views of war, foreign policy, and U. S. power?

That is what you meant, isn't it Jerry? ;-)

B. D.